Sunday, August 22, 2010

Daily Word: All Shall Be Known

Yesterday, we considered Yeshua's teaching about not hiding our light. Today, we look at Mark 4:22: For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad. The Greek word for "manifested" is phaneroo and it means to bring to light, to be visible, or open to sight. What will be brought to light? The answer is that everything will be exposed. The word "nothing" is the Greek word ou and it expresses a full and direct negation, independently and absolutely. Yeshua is teaching that it is an absolute certainty that everything you do will be brought to light and exposed.

How does Yeshua's teaching compare to modern Christian theology? Many teach that everything you do is "under the blood" and is blotted out. Is that Yeshua's teaching here? No, He is instructing His listeners that nothing shall be hid. All will be brought to the light of exposure. That is not the same as to say that you will have to pay for the sin; however, it does dispense with the notion that everything you do will be removed from the light of observation. This should cause us to stop and consider our actions, especially those done in secret.

I remember years ago traveling 3000 miles away from my wife and family. I was near a large metropolitan area that was noted for its lack of morals. I was asked when I returned by someone, "You did go to _________, didn't you?" My response was that there was nothing there for me. My wife and children were 3000 miles away at home and the only thing in that city for me was trouble. Yes, I could have gone into that place of immorality and my wife and children would never have known. However, on the day when all is revealed, then everyone would have known. When the truth of today's teaching by Yeshua becomes embedded in your heart, it should affect every aspect of your life. Remember, all will become manifest.

No comments: