Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dangerous Teaching Part 2

I generally read the Daily Word a couple hours after I send it to see if anything strikes me that I should have said or I should not have said. I try to read it again for the first time with fresh eyes. When I did so yesterday, I noticed that I left something out that needed to be said. One might question, whether I was too critical of a church that simply saw the Scriptures different from me; they were coming from a different theological perspective. Perhaps, I should have been more tolerant. No, I don't think so. The teacher was dismissing ADONAI's instruction contained in the Torah as no longer applicable to our lives. He saw "Jesus" doing a completely new thing that broke with Judaism. However, that is not what Yeshua taught and not what the early disciples practiced. They remained faithful Jews, obeying the Torah, and following the teachings of Yeshua. They were a sect of Judaism, and not a new religion.

What happens when you dismiss the guidance of Torah? What happens is that you substitute something in its place. Read Genesis 3 again. What happens? Eve decides to supplant her thoughts and reasoning for what ADONAI has instructed her. He told her not to eat the fruit from the one tree. After talking with the serpent, she decides after careful deliberation that she knows best and you know the rest of the story. When man disregards the teachings of ADONAI and replaces with his own ideas, sin and rebellion (even with the best of intentions) is the result. That is what took place at the church I attended this past Sunday, and what happens in most all evangelical churches. This is serious and not just a theological discussion. The rebellion of the garden takes place every day when people disregard Torah and claim to be Elohim's children.

Today, ask yourself, "Who is in charge of my life?" Do you follow ADONAI's instructions on how to live your life or someone else? Is it a denomination or a person you are following? This is no place for tolerance; this is a place for truth and truth is found in ADONAI's Word.

No comments: