Friday, February 20, 2009

More Great Quotes

These were sent to me and I thought I would pass them along to you.

"Defend the Bible? I would just as soon defend a lion. Just turn the
Bible loose. It will defend itself." - Charles Spurgeon

"Everything which relates to God is infinite. We must therefore,
while we keep our hearts humble, keep our aims high. Our highest
services are indeed but finite, imperfect. But as God is unlimited in
goodness, He should have our unlimited love." - Hannah More

"We have the truth and we need not be afraid to say so." - J C. Ryle

"Having a full life is not necessarily a long life." - unknown

"The world isn't reading the Bible; they're reading Christians like
you. And if they don't like what they see in you, they're not going
to want what you've got -- Jesus." - Christnotes.org

"Only one life will soon be past;
only what's done for Christ will last.
And when I am dying, how happy I'll be,
if the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee."
- Charles T. Studd

"Inner purity results in outer power." - Christnotes.org

"With complete consecration comes perfect peace." - Watchman Nee

"No one ever became, or can become truly eloquent without being
a reader of the Bible, and an admirer of the purity and sublimity of
its language." - Fisher Ame

"It's not the parts of the Bible I don't know that worries me...it's
the parts that I do." - Mark Twain

"Abandon the world,
Burden our hearts with the lost,
Invest our lives in the cross,
Die to ourselves, then will we
Emerge fruitful--as Jesus desires in John 15."
- D.E. Gifford

"One of the greatest dangers in the Christian life is losing interest
in what is familiar." - Brad Lambert

"Tell me what you do with your time and money and I will tell you
where your heart is." - Xavier

"The Church is an organism that grows best in an alien society."
- C. Stacey Woods

"We can have no power from Christ unless we live in a persuasion
that we have none of our own." - John Owen

No comments: