Saturday, May 30, 2009

What God Wants

The following explains what God wants from His children. Often the tendency, especially among the educated, is to make the Christian life far too complicated. It really is quite simple. Do you know what God wants?

There was a ripple of excitement all through the orphanage, for a great lady had come to take little Jane home with her. The girl herself was bewildered with the thought. "Do you want to go with me and be my child?" the lady asked in gentle tones. "I don't know," said Jane timidly. "But I'm going to give you beautiful clothes and a lot of things, a room of your own with beautiful bed and table and chairs." After a moment's silence, the little one said anxiously: "But what am I to do for all this?" The lady burst into tears. "Only to love me, and be my child," she said as she folded the little girl in her arms.

God adopts us, protects us, and give us an inheritance in glory. All He asks in return is that we should love Him, and be His children -- Children's Record

No comments: