Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why American "Christianity" Is a Disgrace

American "Christianity" is generally, speaking a disgrace. People serve self, want their senses stimulated, and make a mockery of God by how they live their lives. The problem is that the American church has forgotten God's call to be holy. We are to live holy lives because God has commanded it. Holiness is not an option. The below story illustrates one of the conditions of holiness: a complete and total consecration or surrender to God of your entire life.


The Rev. J. Alexander Clark, a Scotch missionary from Africa, told in this country a very striking story of an African who had been mauled by a lioness and was well-nigh dead. Mr. Clark cared for his wounds, and when he got well he left. After three months he came back to Mr. Clark, and said, "You know the law of the African forest, that the redeemed belongs to the redeemer. I was dead, but I am now alive. I am yours. Here are my six wives and my children and my cattle; do with me as you will." Are we willing to surrender all to Christ like that? The secret of our lack of power and service is just this we do not acknowledge that we, the redeemed, belong to the Redeemer. -- Christ Life

So, to whom do you belong? The answer is not found in what you say, but in what you do.

No comments: