Sunday, April 11, 2010

It Would Be Easier

I told my wife in church today, that it would be easier if I was Biblically ignorant. Then, I could enjoy the foolishness I see without knowing any different. In church, I was told that we needed a haircut and a shave to be right with God. Now to be fair, the "preacher" suggested that the haircut was symbolic to having right thinking and the shave was symbolic of removing from your life things that need to go. About half way through, I closed my Bible, gave it to my wife, and said that I didn't think I would need it the rest of the service.

The modern church is losing it. I understand that recently one church in Texas gave away a BMW on Easter morning as well as a wall of electronic equipment. What a joke! Is this what Yeshua died for? I think not. I am at the point that I am going to refuse to put up with silliness in the name of God. I don't intend to be mean, but at the same time I don't want to waste my time. If the "preacher" can't bring a Word from the Lord, I don't want silly analogies. Bring the Word!

On the other hand, if I could forget what I have learned from studying the Word, I could just jump around like the rest of the happy throng.

No comments: