Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A True Description of Faith

It has been almost six months since I have made a blog post. I wanted to break free from feeling like I had to post. I wanted to wait until I had something to say. That time is now. I have been asking the question: "Why do the experiences of Bible followers of Yeshua differ so much from ours?" This will be my purpose in writing for the immediate future. Our faith seems to be too balanced. It seems to be an unoffensive neutral approach to life. My position is that faith should be excessive. It should be on the edge. It should be willing to take a chance because to the one with faith, it is not chance. There is real evidence that the object of faith exists. That evidence is proof that the object sought not only only exists, but will become a reality in the life of the one who has true faith.

We need to reach a point that our faith is reaching toward that which natural reality says is unreachable. It is at the very point that reality attempts to crush your faith that true faith must take the higher reality of the unseen world and thrust the seen reality underneath the supernatural power of true faith. If this sounds like I am describing a fight, it is because I am. Faith is the good fight we fight. We do not wrestle with flesh and blood, but we do wrestle with the unseen forces that help support the reality we seek to alter.

It is time to rise up with the hand of faith and seize the supernatural reality of the unseen world and bring into our natural world the divine power that comes by faith. The sick will be healed. Shattered lives will be repaired. The forces of darkness will flee. The power of true faith brings supernatural results when applied by men and women who have determined to reign as a king in this life. It is time to become militant.