Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Violent Faith

Faith needs to be aggressive. I know some might take offense to such an approach. However, when one remembers what is behind the pain and suffering we endure in this life, the need to be in attack mode with our faith becomes readily apparent. John 10:10 becomes a dividing line. Yeshua comes to bring us life while the devil comes to bring death and destruction. Yeshua's life is not just any life. It is a life of abundance. It is not characterized by being the victim of murder, theft, or destruction. If someone came to your home with the purpose to kill your family, steal your possessions, and destroy your abundant life, how would you greet him? I would greet him with every weapon I had. I would be as aggressive as I needed be to end the threat against my family.

I received an E-Mail today from a group that was arguing that God does not heal today, and that the age of miracles has past. No thanks! My first response was that in my example, I would have no way to defeat the enemy from entering my home to take away from me my loved ones. The E-Mail came from a group that believes in a powerless God. They see the greatest testimony being the tribute to God that He gets from the way we endure suffering. Again, no thanks! I believe the greater testimony is when we take dominion over evil and defeat it with the authority and power that has been granted to the follower of the Way, i.e Yeshua.

It is time to get violent. No, I am not talking about physical violence like a protester. Instead, I am talking about a spiritual violence that defeats the work of the devil at every turn and every opportunity. This is not a fight for the faint at heart. This is a fight for those who want to mount up and win.