Thursday, February 10, 2011

Praying For Healing

Recently, I read of a parent's cry for people of faith to pray for his child because of a life threatening physical condition. The doctors' had pronounced the curse of cancer and the outlook was very bleak. The parent had written, "I know Jesus can heal his body. Please pray." As I read that, my heart sank. I thought how many people really understand how to pray for the healing. 1 Peter 2:24 says: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. (KJV) The Greek word translated "were healed" is in the aorist tense, indicative mood, and passive voice. In the indicative mood, the aorist tense generally refers to past time. Thus, the use of the word "were" in the verse. Further, the passive voice tells us that subject is receiving the action, as opposed to causing the action. The fact is, Yeshua (Jesus) has done all He is going to do about healing. He has provided for healing at the cross and it is up to us to draw from the healing that already exists. Can you imagine someone saying, "I know Jesus can save me. I'm praying to be saved and I am hopeful that before I die He saves me." You would tell that person, "Jesus has already done everything necessary to save you. He isn't going to do anymore. You need to receive Jesus as your Savior by faith and confess you are saved." It is the same with healing. People need to receive Yeshua as their healer. He has already made provision. To use an example, if my children needed me to put money in their bank account and I deposited the funds as requested, what would they need to do to access them? What good would it do to keep coming back to me begging for the money? I would say, "Child, I have already made the deposit for you. Just go to the bank and draw the money you need out." In the same way, Yeshua has already deposited the grace of healing in the child of God's account. We simply need to access it.

Our prayer should be: "Father, I know that by the blood of Yeshua I am saved and His stripes have provided for my healing. I now draw on that healing virtue and I claim it as mine. Thank God that by the stripes of Yeshua, I am healed." Now begin to praise and thank Him for His grace and mercy. If you are praying for others, know that you will not be able to over come their will. It is best to give the truth of God's Word and let them see that Yeshua has already done what He needs to do for their healing. He is not going back to the cross again; He does not need to. For children, you may take authority over the sickness and disease, and draw on the healing power on their behalf. There were several examples in the Gospels where a parent successfully interceded for their sick child.

"But it doesn't seem to be working." How often has this been the cry of one who tried this method of praying? You can't try this; you have to believe it from the heart. Remember yesterday? To believe from the heart is to allow what you believe to control your insides. You have to get it on the inside that healing has already been provided and accomplished in Yeshua. If you are waiting for the manifestation, you do so with a confidence that it has been done (as opposed to secretly hoping it might happen). Faith is now; faith is action. Do you believe that?

No comments: