Thursday, August 21, 2008

Churches To Challenge IRS

I have been made aware of a movement to challenge the IRS. Several pastors intend in September to endorse a candidate for president. As I am sure you are aware this could bring a challenge by the IRS to take away the 501(c)(3) tax exempt status. These churches have done their research and believe that they are on solid legal ground. I am asking you to pray for their success. Many times I have advocated making a stand for truth and these brave brethren are doing exactly that. They intend to alert the media so that they will have coverage of what they are doing. They are not going to do this under cover of darkness but are going to operate in the light. I understand the churches are from different states and could begin a nationwide movement. I applaud their efforts and will join the prayer team on their behalf. What about you?

1 comment:

ToddZilla said...

Barry,
There will be 35 churches nationwide who will all be preaching a similar sermon on September 28th. As long as we remain silent in fear of the IRS then Caesar has already won.