Sunday, October 12, 2008

More Great Quotes To Inspire You

These quotes were sent to me and I wanted to pass them along with prayer that they might encourage you today. In these times of trouble, pay close attention to Corrie Ten Boom's words.

"It is wonderful what God can do with a broken heart, if He gets all
the pieces."
–Samuel Chadwick

"Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength--
carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of
time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties
today of its strength." - Corrie Ten Boom

"We will never receive if we ask with an end in view; if we ask, not
out of our poverty but out of our lust. A pauper does not ask from
any other reason than the abject panging condition of his poverty,
he is not ashamed to beg. Blessed are the paupers in spirit."
- Oswald Chambers

"To be effective the preacher's message must be alive; it must
alarm, arouse, challenge; it must be God's present voice to a
particular people." - A.W. Tozer

"Whatever He says to you, do it." - Mary

I told God something the other day that I'd like to pass on to you.
I said, "God I know where I belong. I know I belong in hell. I know, I
know I belong in hell...but God, I want to tell you something...If I go
to hell, You'll have one lamb in hell. If I go to hell, You'll have one
man there singing Your praises. If I go to hell, You'll have one man
that won't keep his mouth shut. Gonna run all around that dark
place tellin' how good God is and how wonderful is the blood of the
Lamb." - A.W. Tozer

"Revival cannot be organized, but we can set our sails to catch
the wind from heaven when God chooses to blow upon His people
once again." - G. Campbell Morgan

"The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who
really knows how bad it is? But I know! I the LORD, search all
hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due
rewards, according to what their actions deserve." - Jeremiah 17:9-10

"Our Lord has told us how love to Him is to manifest itself. 'Lovest
thou Me? Feed My sheep - identify yourself with My interests in
other people, not, identify Me with your interests in other people.'"
- Oswald Chambers

"There is something infinitely better than doing a great thing for
God, and the infinitely better thing is to be where God wants us to
be, to do what God wants us to do, and to have no will apart from His."
- G. Campbell Morgan

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt of every situation
you believe to be the will of God...Let not our longing slay the
appetite of our living." - Jim Elliot

"Have you any days of fasting and prayer? Storm the throne of
grace and persevere therein, and mercy will come down." - John Wesley

"If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son,
somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he
never would have gone home." - Vance Havner

No comments: