We have previously looked at Deuteronomy 13: 1-5 says: "When there arises in your midst a prophet, or a dreamer of a dream, and he has given unto you a sign or wonder, and the sign and the wonder has come which he has spoken of to you, saying, Let us go after other gods (which you have not known), and serve them, you do not obey the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of the dream, for YHWH your Elohim is trying you, to know whether you are loving YHWH your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your soul; after YHWH your Elohim walk, and Him you fear, and His commands you keep, and to His voice you obey, and Him you serve, and to Him you cleave. And that prophet, or that dreamer of the dream, is put to death, for he has spoken apostasy against YHWH your Elohim (who is bringing you out of the land of Egypt, and has ransomed you out of a house of servants), to drive you out of the way in which YHWH your Elohim has commanded you to walk, and you have put away the evil thing from your midst." The passage makes clear that it is apostacy and carries a death sentence for a prophet to drive people away from the commands of Elohim.
Now let us use some simple deductive logic:
1. The Scriptures say that it is apostacy to drive people away from the commands of G-d;
2. The church tells its followers that they are free from obeying the commands of G-d; and
3. Therefore, the church is apostate.
Let us consider another example:
1. The Scriptures say that it is apostacy to drive people away from the commands of G-d.
2. The church teaches us that Jesus nailed the commands of G-d to the cross so the church is under grace and Jesus teaches us that we do not have to follow the commands of G-d; and
3. Therefore, Jesus is committing apostacy according to the teaching of the church.
One last example:
1. G-d wants His followers to obey His commands;
2. The church does not want its followers to obey the commands of G-d; and
3. Therefore, the church is not a follower of G-d.
Is Jesus a false prophet? It depends on what you think He teaches? If you believe that Jesus teaches the commands of G-d are not necessary, then you make him a false prophet. The Torah (instruction) of G-d is serious business.
Wish Upon a Star
20 hours ago