Monday, August 27, 2012

The Blessing Part 4

"The blessing" on you also includes the power to prosper. Don't fall into the trap that limits this word to money. It includes financial blessings but also much more. The word usually translated "prosperity" is the Hebrew word shalom. Shalom means "peace, prosperity, wellness, health, completeness and safety." Psalm 35:27 says in part: "Let YHVH be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant."

Did you catch that? G-d takes pleasure when your life is blessed and prosperous! Too often we are asking Him to give us something we already have. We already have the blessing. I have been married to Susan for over 15 years. What would you think if at the next prayer meeting I said, "Please pray for my situation; I want Susan to be my wife. If she will become my wife I will be the happiest man on the face of the earth." You might look at me and wonder what is wrong with me. You might properly say, "Barry, Susan is already your wife. You already have what you seek." In the same way, G-d says "you are blessed. I have already given you the blessing. Now go and enjoy it!" Say: "I have the blessing."

As you pray today, thank Him for "the blessing" that is now working in your life! You have already received the gift of the blessing and He wants you to open it and try it on. So what are you waiting for? Start unwrapping!

No comments: