Friday, September 19, 2008

A Feel Good Story

If you watched last year's Super Bowl, you no doubt remember an incredible catch by David Tyree where he caught a pass against his helmet. It was a critical catch that helped the New York Giants defeat heavily favored New England. There is so much more to David Tyree than his famous catch. He has written a book that tells his story. Here are his own words:
"More Than Just The Catch tells my story. It includes the good, the bad, and the ugly. When you finish it, you will know that its message is about more than a game. It is about a life changed and the One who changed it. God allowed me to be a part of what some people have called the greatest play in Super Bowl history to provide a platform so that He would get the glory. I believe that many lives will be touched by the truth of this.My motive for sharing my life story is to encourage others to put their trust in God. I want people to know that Jesus is real. I pray that my testimony will release miracles to every person who reads it. I especially want to shout out this promise to the young people who think it is boring to serve God: miracles are never boring!I also pray that my story will touch the lives of professional athletes who have been distracted and separated from the reality of what success is. When the cameras' flashing lights dim and go out, I cannot be a hero to the world and not be a hero to my children. Success in the eyes of men means nothing to me if I am not successful in the eyes of my wife. There is no great career in the spotlight without a great family life behind the scenes. True happiness extends past the winning touchdown or the greatest catch. Great moments like these mean nothing if there is no peace in your heart."

We would all do well to give God the glory for the good things in our lives. We may not have a national platform, but we do have family and friends that need to know what God has done for us. It is far more than "hell insurance." If God has saved you, then your salvation has in some respects begun now. We need to tell the world our story so that God will receive the glory.

No comments: