Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Silent Scream

Last Sunday while preaching, I mentioned a film I saw years ago that showed an actual abortion. I explained that the watching of the video had a profound effect upon me. I have found the video on YouTube. It is called The Silent Scream because at one point the child opens his or her mouth as if to scream when the murderers suction is inserted in the womb threatening the child's existence. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjNo_0cW-ek&feature=related

You may copy and paste the link in your browser window. I want to warn you that the 27 minute clip is graphic. However, if you watch the clip you will understand why some of us see this issue as the central issue in this campaign and for the United States of America. We cannot expect God's blessing on us while we permit the murder of approximately 3000+ children a day. It is not "abortion," it is MURDER! The web site for more information is www.silentscream.org.

Here is a testimony taken from the site:
"Dear Silent Scream Website,
I just wanted to write a quick note to say thank you. I was supposed to have an abortion today and I was up all last night researching abortions on the internet. I came upon your site and couldn't stop thinking about it. It had a profound effect on me.
I still went to the clinic and went through the blood testing and watched their video....then came the ultrasound; I begged the nurse to let me see my baby; I felt that I had to see. As soon as I saw my child on the ultrasound I knew I couldn't do it.
The clinic can absolutely NOT convince me that that living child inside me wasn't going to feel anything. I saw the heart beating, and he moved his little hands (almost like a wave). I think god intervened and sent me a message that I was about to make the biggest mistake of my life.
My nurse was very compassionate (which I thought was odd) I asked her for a picture of my baby and she explained that she wasn't allowed to do that. She also explained that she wasn't supposed to show me the ultrasound screen either. Well, she broke the rules and gave me a picture anyway.
Thanks to the nurse at the clinic and to your video I made the right decision. I'll be having the baby in 7 months and am looking forward to meeting my little miracle in person.
Thank you a million times over,
Erica"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How people dismiss Abortion as not being murder I cannot understand. It breathes, it's heart beats, and it sure looks human. The debate has raged on and on for years and years, but why? So a 14-year-old girl can have her life back after being raped by her father? No. This is the rarest of cases. These children are being "Aborted", "Quit", "Abandoned", "Jettisoned", or "Terminated" because they were conceived at an inconvenient time. A woman's right to choose should not supercede a child's right to live during pregnancy any more than my right to choose should supercede my 2-year-old son's right to live. There's a difference? Where? Morally? Scientifically? Spiritually? No, if its alive, its alive. You desire to alienate a young human being, with unlimited potential, from its constitutional right to love, life, and the pursuit of happiness. Now how do you feel?