Monday, September 29, 2008

UPDATE: Churches Challenge IRS

On August 21, 2008, I alerted readers that churches were going to challenge the IRS on the issue of political endorsements. Yesterday, it occurred. Pastors in certain churches and from the pulpit explained what issues should be important to Christians and then they endorsed a candidate. I received a phone call from a friend that attends one of these churches. He told me that his pastor said that there were three issues important to Christians in this election: abortion, marriage and the appointment of Supreme Court Justices. The pastor then explained that it was his opinion that if Christians follow their Bible based beliefs, they could NOT vote for Obama. Then he endorsed John McCain and Sarah Palin for President and Vice-President respectfully. I agree!

I applaud the courage of these pastors and their congregations. They have much to loose in the natural but in the eternal they are gaining the smile of heaven as they stand for truth. The challenge is to the Johnson Amendment that restricted the freedom of speech of churches and their ministers. As I have repeatedly said, Christians are not second class citizens and should have the same rights as others. I thank God for these brave ministers and churches standing for truth. Let us remember them in prayer and support them. They are doing God's work.

No comments: