Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Some New Year's Resolutions

From Jonathan Edwards' 70 resolutions, the following would be a great way to begin 2009:

1. Resolved, to inquire every night, as I am going to bed, wherein I have been negligent,- what sin I have committed,-and wherein I have denied myself;-also at the end of every week, month and year. Dec. 22 and 26, 1722. (Resolution 37).
2. Resolved, never to give over, nor in the least to slacken, my fight with my corruptions, however unsuccessful I may be. (Resolution 56).
3.Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can. (Resolution 5).
4. Resolved, never to do anything, which I should be afraid to do, if it were the last hour of my life. (Resolution 7).

Following these simple suggestions would bring in 2009 with a renewed quest for personal holiness. We need to be a holy people so that the world can see the true body of Christ. It is a time to cease having one foot in the world and one foot in the body of Christ. May 2009 be the year that we all become holy fanatics for Jesus Christ! May next year be blessed and prosperous for us that are disciples of Jesus Christ.

No comments: