Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our Need to Pray

We need men and women to become prayer warriors. Remember the benefit Daniel Nash brought to the revivals of Charles Finney. It is reported that days or weeks before the evangelistic meetings, Nash would come to the town and go into deep travail for the conversion of sinners. There would be many missed meals and late nights, but Nash understood his purpose. It speaks for itself that after the death of Nash, within 4 months Finney left the evangelistic field to become a pastor in New York City. Nash wrote the following shortly before his death:

"I am now convinced, it is my duty and privilege, and the duty of every other Christian, to pray for as much of the Holy Spirit as came down on the day of Pentecost, and a great deal more....My body is in pain, but I am happy in my God.... I have only just begun to understand what Jesus meant when He said, 'All things whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.'"

We need faithful prayer warriors to cry out to God for souls, revival, our church and our nation. Will you answer the call?

No comments: