Sunday, December 28, 2008

Living in the Shadow of Eternity

I preached a message today that included some resolutions from Jonathan Edwards. Edwards understood the connection between eternity and now. The following three resolutions would radically change the walk of most Christians and I encourage us all to live them:

1.Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can. (Resolution 5).
2.Resolved, never to do anything, which I should be afraid to do, if it were the last hour of my life. (Resolution 7).
3.Resolved, never to do any thing, which I should be afraid to do, if I expected it would not be above an hour, before I should hear the last trump. (Resolution 19).

How would it impact our lives if we lived every moment as if we would face Jesus Christ within 60 minutes? For most, personal holiness is not even a concern. However, it should be. Let us commit to live our lives in the shadow of eternity. We are to strive for holiness that we might see the Lord.

No comments: