Monday, June 22, 2009

God Doesn't Forget His Promises

A 91-year-old woman wrote, "I spend about one hour each day with my Lord, reading my Bible and Christian literature. When people ask what good all my reading does if I can't remember what I've read, my answer is always the same. I'm in pretty good health, have a roof over my head, and have plenty of food to eat... I also have two sons and one grandson who love me dearly. My cup runneth over. I am not concerned about my memory. I just do my reading and God does the remembering."

Does the way look dark? Keep reading God's Word. if you can no longer read, listen to it on tapes or CDs. Thank the Lord daily for meeting your physical needs. Draw on the support of other Christians.

Even if you forget God's promises, you'll discover that He never forgets them. He'll strengthen you and stand with you.

No comments: