Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Daily Word: Meditating on the Hebrew Alphabet (Noon)

The fourteenth letter in the Hebrew alphabet is Noon. In ancient Hebrew, it meant a fish. It symbolizes a fish darting through water, i.e action and life. We would expect words that contain Noon to have action and life in their pictographs. The Hebrew word for son is ben. The word picture says that he is the life of the family. This means that he will continue the family name. He continues the life of the family. The Hebrew word for eagle is ne-sher. The word picture reveals the eagle as the living prince. The Hebrew word for expel or reject is nee-dah. The word picture tells us that to expel is what comes from the moving door. Again, we see action; the door moves to expel. The Hebrew word for please is nah. The word picture informs us that to ask please is an action of strength.

In Psalm 119 verses 105-112, each verse begins with Noon. Since Noon means action or life, these eight verses tell us that G-d's word is like a lamp to my feet (allowing action even in the midst of darkness). When I find myself in trouble, I can turn to G-d's word to revive me and carry me through whatever I am facing. Verse 109 says: "My life is continually in my hand, Yet I do not forget Thy Torah." Can you say that? Can you affirm that your life is in G-d's hand? Can you testify that you have not forgotten His Torah? If you can't, you can not pick and choose what verses you want from this psalm. Do you want His word to be a lamp to your feet and a light to your path? Don't forget His Torah. Do you want ADONAI to revive you? Don't forget His Torah.

Today, ask yourself, "Have I forgotten G-d's Torah? Do you want His word to light your path and be a lamp to your feet? If so, don't forget His Torah. Incline your heart toward the statutes of Elohim. He will guide you and never fail.

No comments: