Monday, January 17, 2011

Do Thee Good

Do you deep down know that God wants to "do thee good?" Or, have you accepted traditional teaching that God might send you cancer or some other dreaded disease just to teach you something? No, God wants to do good for you. Deuteronomy 8:16 says: Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end.... (KJV) The word "good" is the Hebrew word yatab and it means to be well, to be pleasing. In the causative stem, as it is in this verse, it means to do good, to do well, to please, or to make pleasing. It is often used in idiomatic expressions with heart meaning to be pleased or to be happy. According to the Hebrew grammar, this verse means that God is going to cause you to be happy.

If this is the case, why do so many believers live far below this standard. Notice the typical church service; it looks like a funeral. People can't wait to leave. God wants to do us good, but we need to begin to speak that goodness. We need to be people with a smile on our faces. We can approach each day knowing that God intends to do me good today. Whatever you may face today, God is working (sometimes behind the scenes) to do you good. That is my confession. If you speak it long enough you will get this on the inside of you. God wants to do me good!

Today, say the following: I am a child of the King. I have no worries because I have cast them over to Him. God wants to do me good today and I receive His goodness. I walk in abundance and have no lack.

No comments: