Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Your Belief System

Years ago, I taught martial arts classes. People would come to learn how to defend themselves. I would explain the importance of their belief system in self defense. For example, if I believed that could defeat anyone who was no larger than 6 foot 4 inches and weighed no more than 275 pounds, as soon as an adversary appeared at 6 foot 5 inches weighing 300 pounds, I would be defeated. My belief system would serve as a limit on my abilities. It is the same in the spiritual. Yeshua (Jesus) said in Matthew 12:34: For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. (RSV) Your belief system is in your heart. In other words, what you really believe from the heart is going to set the ceiling of God's work in your life. We need to examine our confessions.

Consider the following statements:
1. I will always be in debt.
2. I think I'm coming down with something.
3. Bad things seem to always happen to me.
4. If something can go wrong, it will for me.
5. I just know we will get into an accident.
6. I am a failure.
7. Nothing goes right for me.
8. We will just have to put up with the situation.
9. My folks had poor health, so I probably will also.
10. We will not have enough money to pay our bills this month.
11. It seems we can't get ahead, and when we do, we get knocked down.

In Mark 11:23, Yeshua said: He shall have whatsoever he saith. (KJV) What are you saying? What is your confession? Take a few days and listen to what comes out of your mouth. Confession is powerful. It can bring good or bad. The choice is yours.

No comments: